Accounting & Compliance Reporting - Tax Manager
EY’s Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) team provides a range of integrated services to assist clients to comply with reporting and regulatory obligations while allowing them to focus on their core business activities. Our services include bookkeeping, financial statements preparation, payroll, and administrative support.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and being their single point of contact on all matters relating to their business, ACR might be the career for you. As a member of the ACR team you will be offering professional services to local and global clients of the firm. You will work in an integrated manner and collaborate with other EY business units to offer to clients complete service solutions. Our aim is that your work and contribution to the team will bring many advantages to our clients, to us and to you.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing the financial statement reporting process for a portfolio of clients annually and growing under IFRS and/or GAPSME.
- Managing teams to deliver high quality financial statements to our clients.
- Working in cross functional team environment with EY teams as well as internal stakeholders to project manage engagements, timelines and deliverables.
- Review of teamwork and coaching of teams to ensure increased efficiency and quality of every deliverable.
- Ensuring EY methodologies are adhered to, and appropriate files and working papers are maintained to meet EY quality review requirements.
- Managing business operations in terms of margin, fees, costs, revenue days to ensure continued best in class outcomes.
- Utilisation of technologies and accounting packages as well as suggesting innovations to add value to our services.
- Networking both internally and externally to promote ACR services and brand to increase our visibility, client portfolio and footprint in the market.
- Coaching and training of more junior staff members.
- Counsellor role for staff members.
- Qualified accountant in possession of a Masters in Accountancy / Bachelor’s degree with Honours or is fully ACCA qualified
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of fast paced dynamic team, adhering to tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to multitask and have excellent attention to detail
- At least 4 years post-qualification experience in a corporate services environment or audit environment
- Have a proficiency in basic IT solutions and experience with accounting packages
- Must be willing to take responsibility for tasks assigned and for bringing them to completion.
- Have a sound knowledge of IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.