BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
What sets our Business Services specialists apart is their ability to provide exceptional personal service that results in strong relationships however large or small the organisation happens to be.
Our Business Services team specialises in providing services and advice to individuals, SMEs and privately owned businesses. Our clients range from high net-worth individuals and families as well as owners and entrepreneurs of established and growing businesses across a wide range of industries.
Working in our Business Services team will give you the opportunity to work across our broad range of professional services, including compliance services, business & taxation advice, entrepreneur & growth strategies and family business & succession planning.
About the role
Due to continued growth BDO Tasmania are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team. We value demonstrated knowledge and experience and with that this role could be for someone ready to take the next step in their career.
You will work closely with our partners and your colleagues in a supportive and rewarding work environment. As a team member within our Business Services team, you will be mentored by our leaders, developing your knowledge and skill set in both compliance and advisory services.
What you will need to succeed
- Degree qualified in commerce, accounting, or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a similar role within business advisory or private clients field
- CA/CPA qualification (or equivalent) or working towards
- Demonstrated strong tax compliance focus with sound knowledge and understanding of Federal and State tax legislation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiasm to support and develop junior team members
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparing financial statements, Income Tax Returns, Fringe Benefits Tax Returns and Business Activity Statements for corporate ownership structures, high net wealth individuals, family businesses and small to medium enterprises
- Maintaining and establishing positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Researching and preparing advice to clients of various tax issues
- Mentoring of junior staff with the ability to successfully manage workflow
- Liaising with clients and external agencies as required and directed
- Ensuring jobs are completed effectively by meeting technical standards and deadlines
- Identify opportunities for value added service
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.