Finance Associate, RTR
Get to Know the Role:
The position will be reporting to the Manager and shall be responsible for the delivery of end-to-end GL processes in support of Digital Bank operations. Key accountabilities include supporting a wide range of accounting tasks to ensure accurate and timely delivery of general accounting and reporting, fixed assets, intercompany balances and month-end financial close related activities. The individual joining the team will have the opportunity to unleash their full potential by obtaining the right skills and experiences that allows them to make progress in their career.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of journal postings, GL maintenance, report preparation, reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of fixed asset posting – asset capitalization, asset maintenance, asset transfer, asset disposal & lease- ROU accounting.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of intercompany billings – intercompany billings & netting off.
- Review, reconcile & confirm for complex intercompany transactions.
- Troubleshoot & resolving intercompany transaction discrepancies/imbalances/disputed items.
- Resolve accurately & timely intercompany mismatches prior closing the books in a monthly basis.
- Able to handle audit queries related intercompany & fixed assets transactions.
- Review and clear balance sheet open items in fixed asset & intercompany accounts.
- Develop standard/structured processes for intercompany & fixed asset.
- Ensure internal controls are complying and avoidance of future errors.
- Collaborate with internal team for tracking and solving raised issues.
- Ensure general accounting and reporting, intercompany & fixed assets in RTR are delivered within agreed service levels (SLA) & targets.
- Delivering intercompany & fixed assets functions to stakeholders in accordance with established standard operating procedure (SOP) & in compliance with finance policies, procedures, and relevant legal and statutory requirements.
- Manage service transition of intercompany & fixed assets functions.
- Implement best practices and proactively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Keep abreast with changes of internal guidelines & external accounting standards.
- Ad-hoc duties that will be assigned from time to time.
- Support process improvements in managing intercompany & fixed asset transactions.
- Focus on continuous process improvement and identify standardization opportunities.
- Initiate, consult with manager and manage process improvements on the existing processes and achieve time and headcount savings.
- Ensure process improvements are executed timely, accurately and within budget.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide support in delivering a professional and consistent service to stakeholders in resolving inquiries related to fixed asset & intercompany activities.
- Cultivate a customer service culture within the team.
- Attend to stakeholders’ enquiries and concerns in a professional manner.
Your success factors?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting and/or professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA).
- Knowledgeable on RTR processes with hands-on-experience and understanding of financial impact.
- Highly proficient in SAP or Oracle knowledge.
- Total years of working experiences: Min 4 years in related fields.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with management, peer and stakeholders.
- Possess a process-oriented approach with a continual improvement mindset.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and result oriented.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to articulate clearly in both written & spoken English.
- Prior experience in banking operations is an added advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.