At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
As a national practice our FO&PC team consists of 162 team members across the UK, led by 5 Partners, 3 Associate Partners, and12 Directors.
We are a nationally run business with five core service areas:
- Transactions and Entrepreneurial Shareholders;
- Ultra High Net Worth Individuals;
- Investigations and Enquiries.
We work with a variety of high net worth individuals – from stakeholders in privately owned and entrepreneurial businesses, executives of multi-national firms, landed estates and senior members of private equity firms; who may be tax resident and/or domiciled in a range of jurisdictions. We also specialise in providing advice to Trusts and Estates, and Partnerships.
If you are a highly motivated qualified tax adviser/ accountant (ATT, CTA or ACA/ACCA) with experience of working in personal tax, then we’d love to hear from you.
The KPMG Private Client tax team is a fast-growing and integral part of the wider KPMG tax practice. In order to support further growth we are looking to appoint a Senior Manager.
We are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record in this area who are seeking a dynamic and supportive working environment to help deliver these solutions.
You would be expected to lead the delivery of a quality output to our clients and participate in winning new clients by bringing new offerings to the market. Your client base would include a portfolio of high net worth clients, entrepreneurs, shareholders and international individuals.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with portfolio clients and identifying leads for new work.
- You will be required to build and expand your internal and external network to generate new opportunities by focusing specifically on allocated clients and targets.
- Assist in the management of the local team and take responsibility for the coaching and development of other team members.
- Build a strong relationship with Corporate Finance colleagues to deliver tax advice to shareholders going through a transaction.
- Assessing client’s personal tax position before developing and researching innovative solutions.
- Project managing the delivery of complex tax advice and the subsequent implementation of that advice.
- Controlling the financial aspect of an assignment by evidencing strong WIP management and billing controls.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree
- or ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent with strong personal tax knowledge/experience
Experience and Background
- Excellent technical specialist knowledge and expertise on all matters relating to private client advisory matters including shareholder tax planning, transaction-based advice, advising on key tax reliefs (such as BADR and BPR) and international tax planning.
- Combines this technical knowledge with a strong commercial awareness to enable confident dialogue with business owners.
- Proven track record of building long term client relationships with high ranking C suite senior executives and shareholders which generate advisory opportunities.
- A passion for delivering exceptional service achieved by strength and depth of client relationships.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team.
- A strong team ethic and the ability to grow resources and personally invest both within your immediate peer group but also more widely across the firm.
- Be a self-starter who grasps market opportunities to develop new business.