At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as an Audit Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Audit Manager to join our Internal Auditing Team. In this role you will deliver audit services that consistently satisfy the needs and reasonable expectations of auditees by helping them improve the control environment, streamline their business and achieve operational excellence. Leading an audit, s/he has responsibility for evaluating risks and controls, executing audit reviews, supervising others during the planning and fieldwork phases of the review, communicating issues and findings to management, devising solutions for business improvements, and following up on corrective actions. The Audit Manager will need to work effectively in a team setting to perform all audit work in accordance with department and professional standards. Additionally, the Audit Manager will prepare detailed reports of audit findings, recommend control improvements as appropriate and complete assignments in an efficient manner with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of coverage.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supervise and execute the work of the audit project teams, draft audit reports and ensure the overall quality of audit deliverables
- Coach/train, supervise and develop staff and provide constructive and timely feedback on staff performance to the Senior Audit Manager.
- Perform adequate research to ensure thorough understanding of auditable entity and/or related activities to develop evaluation/testing techniques.
- Complete all planning-related documentation for audit management review in adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures.
- Assist in providing guidance on developing evaluation/testing techniques and materially assist with finalizing the overall testing program for the audit in adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures.
- Gather and analyze data to conduct audit-related activities.
- Identify the key risks and controls related to the assigned audits
- Timely execute all assigned audit projects and/or special projects (e.g., effective, and efficient prioritization and planning) with a focus on high quality deliverables
- Conduct detailed review of audit workpapers for adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures.
- Assess and escalate issues identified during audit assignments or special projects in a constructive manner.
- Draft audit reports that provide a clear, detailed description of issues identified, root cause and risk impact of the issue, and suggested recommendations to resolve the issues.
- Provide insight and contribute towards the annual audit planning process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business contacts. Provide guidance to supervisory/middle management personnel as it relates to the mitigation of risk and control environment within a business line/function.
- Effectively communicate complex audit results to business line management and audit management (e.g., good negotiating/influencing skills).
External Reviews/Audit/Regulators’ Requests:
- Address outside regulators queries and information requests.
- Coordination of workflows/audit workpaper requests with external auditors.
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
- Overall minimum 8+ years of professional auditing experience (external and/or internal) in diversified financial services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (accounting, finance, information technology or related discipline preferred).
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CAMS)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of governance, risks and controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues, while remaining independent and objective in line with the IIA standards
- Strong knowledge of financial services products, services, and regulations.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication in English (writing and speaking) and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to Audit Leadership and Management.
- Technology savvy
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.