Assistant Manager, Corporate Audit - Midlands
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in 150 countries and across 798 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion.
- Showing initiative and taking responsibility for management of the audit and your team to ensure completion within the agreed budget.
- Acting as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork.
- Managing on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of your team.
- Delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting Senior Audit Managers in project management and client liaison.
- Alongside other Assistant Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients as manager.
- Carrying out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers.
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit timetable and providing insightful comments to report to the client.
- Contributing to a continuous improvement ethos for the team.
- Managing and lead assurance and risk management projects – liaising with clients and preparing client reports.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Assistant Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
Closing Date: 29 September 2023