Pricing Specialist ( Commercial Finance)
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
This role will be an integral part of the SEA Commercial Finance team, reporting into a Strategic Pricing Lead, supporting key strategic customers and initiatives within the Food service Brands / Regional Beverage business. The core responsibility of this role will be managing the end-to-end product costing and pricing for key customers and safeguarding our margin management principles in Kerry.
The Pricing Specialist will work closely with the Strategic Pricing Lead, Finance Business Partners and various stakeholders to ensure that our pricing strategy reflects our competitive environment and market conditions along with Kerry’s value proposition, and that all Kerry products are priced accurately according to our set guidelines and policies.
The Pricing Specialist will need to build a strong understanding of Kerry products and its cost drivers, along with an expertise of the market, customers and competitors in order to deliver a strong connection between the pricing team and the relevant commercial teams, enabling the implementation of a clear pricing strategy and maximising margins. The person in this role will have to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, have a high sense of accountability, along with a proven commercial business mindset and strong commercial acumen.
Work Location : 1 Power House ( Bandar Utama)
Reporting to : Strategic Pricing Lead
- Ensure complete detailed costing and pricing for new launched products, strategic push initiatives and key product technology drives within the market.
- Work closely with Strategic Pricing Lead and Finance Business Partner and ensure competitive environment and market conditions are reflected in costing and pricing.
- Understand competitors’ pricing, market changes, size of prize of the opportunity and customer cost-in-use which are key enablers to maximize margins from Kerry’s business model and value proposition.
- Delivering pricing recommendations to ensure sustainable profitability.
- Shared responsibility and contribute to the execution of our annual pricing process for relevant territory or business.
- Accurately interpret and properly implement Pricing Policies and Guidelines.
- Ensure data quality in all pricing processes and systems.
- Participate in pricing projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure service levels on turnaround for quotes, invoicing and pricing discrepancies along with other relevant role KPI’s are performing to target.
- Deliver excellent customer service to our stakeholders on pricing order accuracy.
- Commercial Leads (Various Sub-Regions)
- Pricing Specialists and Strategic Pricing Leads (Various Sub-Regions)
- Finance Business Partners (Various Sub-Regions)
- Research & Development Team
- Procurement Team
- Supply Chain / Operations
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Management Accounting
- At least 2-3 years' relevant experience in Pricing, Margin Management, FP&A, Commercial Finance or Operations Finance
- Relevant Pricing and Margin Management and Product Costing experience within FMCG industry is an advantage
- Knowledge or experience using SAP or other ERP systems is a plus
- Project Management skills
- Advance Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suites (Word, and PowerPoint)
- A team player and a relationship builder with strong communications skills to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Comfortable with autonomy and proactive in approach
- Results/solutions driven and able to challenge status quo and drives improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Focus on improvement and standardization of processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapt to dynamic work environment.
Fresh Graduates who are keen to develop their careers in Finance with a strong interest in Business are encouraged to apply.
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.