Assistant Accountant - Sales & JV
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant – Sales, Joint Ventures & Intercompany to join our team based in Solihull, Birmingham.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Business Accountant for Sales and Joint Ventures you will contribute to the provision and reporting of effective financial information and management accounting at each month end with particular emphasis on revenue recognition, intercompany and Joint Venture arrangements. This includes the following:
- Balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow reporting and effective intercompany settlement and elimination.
- Partnering with BU stakeholders and SSC teams for effective management of balance sheet risk
- Preparing postings for JVs, complete JV reporting packs and budgets working closely with Business Finance teams to ensure accurate recording of transactions
- Performing tasks associated with the preparation and posting of transactions into the general ledger; adhering to strict timetables
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement driving accuracy and efficiency
This job would ideally suit a part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA) accountant in a similar role, who is keen to further develop their career within a large organisation that is part of an FTSE100 group (CRH Group).
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have worked in a Record to Report team or similar Financial Reporting teams. You will have Accounting experience in ideally a large multi-site, Construction or Manufacturing business.
- Have prepared both journals and reconciliations to high standard
- Have a track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation
- Have experience of an internal control framework, such as Sarbanes Oxley
- Have experience of external audit
- Be able to work under pressure and within tight timelines
- Be able to demonstrate what good looks like when it comes to narrating and evidencing journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with a sense of urgency as required and able to escalate issues confidently
- Be customer service orientated and have excellent communication skills
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Excel for complex data)
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be motivated, able to work on your own initiative and have a high attention to detail
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?