Middle Office Supervisor (Bank Loan)
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
As we continue through a period of explosive growth, HedgeServ is searching for future leaders who can make an immediate impact on our already successful team. We're seeking Hedge Fund professionals with four to eight years of experience who are decisive, energetic, and self-starting. We expect successful candidates to assume considerable responsibility within six to twelve months, serving as the main point of contact on three to six client relationships, independently on-board new clients with the guidance of senior team members, and participate in cross team projects.
In addition to a focus on traditional middle office responsibilities such as trade capture, valuations, and break resolution; the candidate will be expected to take ownership of customized client requests, hold conversations with senior Hedge Fund personnel, and actively engage in our internal development initiatives. They also must maintain loan product knowledge to input, review, analyze and process syndicated bank loan portfolios.
We have found success with ex-fund employees, former public accountants, personable data junkies, and those that quickly become dissatisfied with the bureaucracy that large corporate environments provide.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Utilize credit agreements and information obtained from the Funds or third parties to set up new loan facilities in HedgeServ proprietary system
- Monitor and process all involuntary maintenance events such as but not limited to, paydowns, drawdowns, commitment reductions and interest rate changes as provided by Agent Bank or private servicing agent
- Obtain facility and contract details through direct interaction with the Agent Bank or other private servicing agents
- Identify any missing or inaccurate pay down/drawdowns, interest and restructure receipts/payments
- Resolve all executing broker and agent bank issues related to processing and accurate booking of the Fund’s bank loan positions with the assistance of the Investment Manager if necessary
- Review trade confirmations, assignment agreements, and pricing for accuracy
- Compare Funding Memo against independent HedgeServ calculations
- Coordinate trade settlement with Broker, Agent Bank, and Investment Manager
- Report trade settlement status to Investment Manager
Skills and Experience:
- College graduates with an analytical mind and 1-3 years of hedge fund experience.
- Knowledge of syndicated bank loans and credit markets.
- Work experience with loan administration, loan closing, or loan servicing (reconciling interest rate changes, advances, rollovers, repayments, interest and fee payments and other loan related activity).
- Experience with bank loan administration systems and loan research tools a plus.
- A familiarity with excel is required and an understanding of relational databases is a plus.
- Influential team players who make decisions with the firm in mind, and are ego-less when seeking the best idea.
- Motivated High Performers who can accomplish amazing amounts of important work and excel during short sprints.
- Clear and persuasive communicators, who can articulate their actions, identify root causes, and suggest improved ideas.
- Adaptable coalition builders, who listen and understand, weighing information before making decisions.
- Confident and conscientious persons who learn from their mistakes, take pride in their work, and would hate to make the same mistake twice.
What we offer:
- Premium Health Insurance
- Sports Club Membership
- My Benefit – Cafeteria System
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Support
- Active Sports and Social Committee
- Life & Travel Insurance