Consultant, Operational Risk
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
The Operational Risk Management Consultant Under is responsible for monitoring compliance the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program. The Consultant works to detect and advises management of potential risk issues and recommends procedural changes to mitigate risk. They are responsible for researching and developing solutions for issues being addressed by the department, and will interpret and clarify policies and procedures in order to respond to inquiries and requests for information.
You may also execute a broader role across the team in terms of recommending or developing operational efficiencies and/or producing and delivering presentations which assist the wider risk management department with understanding root causes of control gaps, industry trends, peer practices, etc.
This position will report to the Risk Manager in Manila.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Reviews, disseminates, and interprets policies and procedures. Works to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards within the parameters of any relevant laws and regulations.
- Verifies that activities meet any regulatory requirements and monitors outcomes/risk levels for the organization or assigned area.
- Consults with partners regarding daily decisions that could pose risk and conflict with existing policy.
- Communicates and provides advice and requirements to managers and appropriate personnel
- Identifies situations which pose significant risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that create the proper balance between risk and reward.
- Interacts with regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics as needed and appropriate.
- Provides direction and training to more junior staff.
- Serves on internal and external groups to provide and receive advice on industry trends.
- Communicate with management, leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks identified
- Researches applicable subject areas to support increased team and department knowledge.
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the organization's business.
- Knowledge of RCSA regulations and practices within the financial services industry.
- Strong communication and analytical skills which are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and to develop compliant policies and procedures.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a Global Risk team across Multiple Time Zones and Jurisdictions.
- A bachelor's degree or qualification in relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or compliance areas.
- 7 or more years of risk management experience with implementing and operating RCSA processes preferred but not required.
4:00PM - 1:00AM
Mondays - Fridays
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.