DRSC Assurance - Manager, ESG Assurance
Title: SEA Assurance - Manager, ESG Assurance
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Manage the delivery of the overall Climate & Sustainability/ ESG assurance/advisory engagements, including identifying strategic direction of the work and supporting team members in project-related tasks.
- Juggle multiple client requests when managing different climate & sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements.
- Manage assurance engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 or equivalent.
- Support the senior manager/director in engagement budgeting and resource management process
- Be responsible for engagement and client acceptance procedures
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with client’s key business decision makers to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services
- Support in developing and improving the our ESG Assurance work programmes, methodologies, toolkits, team development and external partnerships.
- Take responsibility for supporting the senior manager/director/partner in identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities.
- Identify, research and help to resolve complex climate & sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
- Create ESG Due Diligence Questionnaires for client’s ESG framework and identify solutions to advise clients for ESG reporting metrics and disclosures.
- Identify/communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to your clients and potential clients. Demonstrate a deep understanding of client industry and marketplace.
- Develop people by encouraging junior team members to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Successfully delegate to and manage all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive role model and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training. Foster teamwork and lead by example.
- Actively follows the landscape for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) communications, including ESG standards.
- Continue to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry and ESG/Sustainability/Diversity space by educating yourself on evolving standards and best practices as well as attending relevant industry events.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- 6 - 8 of working experience in audit/ attestation engagements, preferably with prior sustainability/ESG related work experience.
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to translate recommendations and other ideas effectively and concisely in reports, presentation materials, client proposals and other written communication.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients’ needs.
- Be a team player and leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting to clients and in developing relationships with potential clients.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications
- Strong understanding of industry/ sustainability reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, SASB, TCFD and the GHG Protocol.
- Degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree or equivalent work experience.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.