Senior VAT Accountant
TMF Group is the leading provider of critical compliance and administrative services. We serve corporations, fund managers, financial institutions and private clients operating, expanding, and investing in multiple jurisdictions.
We work hand in hand with global advisors and lawyers, supporting their clients with dedicated local expertise covering 85 jurisdictions from 120 wholly-owned offices.
Supports, and in conjunction with, The A&T Supervisor and Managers, manages a team of staff, ensuring that the provision of all client work for the portfolio is delivered on time and to a high standard in order to meet productivity targets.
Seniority Level: Operative or lower management level
Reports to: A&T Supervisor and Manager
- Responsible for the timely and correct handling of all matters concerning the day to day bookkeeping, preparation of the VAT returns and other related returns (IC listing, Client Listing & Intrastat) of a client portfolio.
- Ability to understand and analyze specific VAT questions from our clients (e.g. import/export of goods, Triangle EU transactions,…)
- Prepare all forms for the VAT registration, ET 14.000, Eori number, Fiscal Representative,…
- Assist in the Business Development (attend meetings/calls with prospects, draft service agreements)
- Review of processing of accounting and tax reporting files, by allocation of international client portfolio (all business lines).
- Preparation or review of annual financial statements, tax reporting (VAT/CIT/WHT, others), closing transactions and audit assistance
- Main contact for the client to assist and support on daily activities
- Responsible to meet the deliverables and deadlines of the clients
- Supervision and coaching of Accountants and Associate Accountants by coordination of the workload in the team
- Act as a point of reference and expertise for his team
Job specific requirements
- Fluent knowledge of English (B1/B2);
- Bachelor in Accounting - Master in Tax or equivalent
- Member or trainee of the ITAA (Belgian Institute for Tax Advisors and Accountants) is a plus
- At least 3- 5 years’ experience in accounting firms or multinational environment;
- Experience in guiding and coaching junior staff members
- Autonomy, anticipation, responsiveness, hands on mentality and team spirit is key
- Good communication skills towards Supervisors, Mangers and subordinates;
- Financial accountability
- Acts with integrity
What is in it for you?
- A net representation allowance to optimize the package!
- A net homeworking allowance
- Hospitalization insurance DKV (children and partner can be affiliated for free)
- Ambulant cost insurance DKV
- Dental and Eye insurance DKV
- Group Insurance with AG Insurance: 5% of annual gross salary (no employee contribution);
- 26 days of paid holiday/annum (20 legal days – 6 extra-legal days);
- 10 days of paid public holidays/annum;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Meal vouchers: 8 EUR/day worked (with the legal minimum of 1.09 EUR employee contribution);
- Eco vouchers: 250 EUR/year fully worked;
- A company laptop;
- A company mobile phone;
- The public transport cost is fully covered or you get a company car!
- Benefits @ work access, where you can get discounts from different brands;
- Online trainings across the globe from our own Business Academy to get to know us and our services better!
- Quarterly lunches with the team.
Applications close: 13 Oct 2023 Romance Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.