Director - Risk Management - Operational Risk Audit (Internal Audit)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit is comprised of Business and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Auditor for the Global Operational Risk Internal Audit coverage team. This professional will be a member of the Global Risk Management Internal Audit Team.
The successful individual will oversee the global Operational Risk audit portfolio, which involves:
- Assist in performing of audits across the regions focusing on all aspects of both the core Operational Risk Management framework (e.g. Operational Risk Incidents, Scenario Analysis, RCSA, Top Operational Risks etc.).
- Ensuring execution of the audit plan within Departmental methodology, policies and standards.
- Communicating with senior management to discuss results of test work
Skills Required (essential)
At a minimum, the successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the below skills & experience:
- 6 - 9 years' experience, with basic technical understanding of core operational risk management concepts and methodologies, preferably having worked in risk management internal audit in a major bank/financial institution with trading activities.
- Basic understanding of relevant regulatory requirements as they pertain to core Operational Risk concepts and associated emerging risks (e.g. cyber, electronic trading), and of financial products generally.
- Experienced to build and maintain credible relationships with senior management, ideally in a Risk function,
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to write clear and concise findings, recommendations and reports.
- Good analytical skills, with proven ability to assist in audits/reviews on technical concepts.
- Experienced to effectively multi-task and manage multiple competing deliverables within tight timeframes without compromising on quality of output.
- Good understanding of audit resource management, including overseeing the team's forecasts and ensuring audits within their portfolio are appropriately staffed at all times.
- Experience in dealing with regulators and understanding their expectations in terms of documentation, closure verification work and coverage of relevant regulatory requirements.
- College degree. Master's Degree preferred.
- ACA, CPA, CIA, CFA. FRM qualifications is a plus
Expertise in risk management related to cybersecurity, e-trading, vendor risk or general trading-related risk would be beneficial
“Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.”
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.