Tax Operations Manager - Transfer Pricing
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Tax Compliance Services practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with compliance across all taxes, statutory accounting and complex tax reporting. You’ll focus on bookkeeping and monthly reporting, drafting, auditing and filing of local statutory financial statements, and transaction processing.
Tax Operations Manager (Singapore Desk)
PwC helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with more than 328,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Visit www.pwc.com for more information.
Who are we in Tax?
PwC Malaysia Tax group is one of the largest tax practices in Malaysia. We pride ourselves in advising businesses, both public and private organisations on tax covering strategy, planning, risk management and compliance. PwC clients, both local and international, span across different industries including Financial Services, Consumer and Industrial Goods, Real Estate, Transport and Logistics, Technology, Communications, Entertainment and Media, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences. We are advocates of digitisation and use technology to bring greater value to our clients.
Role and responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of a team of young professionals for Singapore transfer pricing documentation compliance purposes based in Malaysia.
- Support the Singapore Desk – Support the Tax Operations Senior Manager in managing the resource, coordination and day to day operation of the larger team.
- Training – Provide on the job training in relation to concepts of transfer pricing, preparing Transfer Pricing Documentation, Group Overview, Industry Analysis, financial analysis, etc. for Singapore transfer pricing purposes
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of team goals. Formulate and implement team policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Work Plan - Coordinate and monitor the work plan of team. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Human Resources – Monitor resource requirements. Organise recruitment and placement of required staff. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervision of staff. Monitor and evaluate performance. Actively participate in the coaching, mentoring, management and training of a team of young professionals.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT and HR. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input - Fostering strong relationships and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage.
What are we looking for?
- Recognised relevant Degree and/or relevant Post Graduate/Professional Qualification in Tax, Accounting, Business, Economics or Law;
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of Tax and / or Transfer Pricing experience in a Big 4 environment
- Strong written and spoken English
- Communicates with impact, knowledge and strong understanding of internal and external client’s needs
- Ability and willingness to keep up-to-date technically and learn digital skills to deliver effectively
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required: Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.