Internal Audit Manager - Public & Social Sector
At Mazars we have multiple opportunities for you, with exciting career paths that will lead to progression within the firm. A diverse prestigious client list that can offer lifelong professional development with the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills.
“Mine, Yours, Ours, That's Mazars & Me!”
Are you looking to make an impact in the Public & Social sector? Are you looking to grow our business as if it was your own? And are you looking for open, engaged and collaborative teams? Then apply to the role today!
About the team/business unit
Our team offers internal audit, advisory and other assurance services across multiple organisations within the public & social sector. We provide our clients with clarity over the performance of their risk management processes and raise recommendations for improvement where required. Working in the public & social sector will enable you to meet and support like-minded individuals at your clients who really want to make a difference in society. You can directly contribute to supporting local communities and be involved with some of the biggest issues in society at the moment.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of clients within the public & social sector Risk Consulting team. Our team provide distinctive audit and advisory services across the following six sectors:
- Local Government
- Central Government
About the role
You will be responsible for delivering proactive, high quality and value-added internal audit services across our portfolio of Public & Social Sector clients.
The role will principally involve co-ordination and day to day delivery of internal audit services to clients to the agreed quality and in accordance with agreed timescales. In addition, you will be expected to play a key role in financial management of your portfolio, business development alongside people management, training and development of the wider team.
The team has experienced strong growth in recent years and is well placed to build on this further with strong opportunities for further progression for successful candidates. You will also be expected to contribute to the wider success of the Risk Consulting service line and help in its continuous improvement.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of delivering internal audit services within the Public & Social sector.
- We would particularly be interested in applicants with specialist knowledge and/or in-depth experience in one of the following areas: Projects, Programmes, Transformation and Change; Commercial and Procurement; People and Culture; Governance and Data Analytics.
- Co-ordination and support in development and delivery of the Internal Audit Strategy and Annual Plan.
- Operationalising and monitoring delivery of the Internal Audit Strategy and Annual Plan, including timetabling and resourcing including any specialist teams.
- Planning and performance of fieldwork including liaison with auditees, preparing Terms of Reference briefing any other team members, as well as feedback meetings with auditees.
- Holds CCAB qualification (i.e.) ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII) or equivalent.
Mazars & Me
We want everyone to be rewarded and enriched by their professional life. So we come together to pioneer new ways of working; promoting psychological safety, flexibility with how you work – trusting you to make the right choices for the team, clients and the business – and balance in stimulating modern workspaces. We offer core benefits and then give people the opportunity to tailor extra benefits to suit their individual needs.
Birmingham office based in the City Centre with a hybrid working model!
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field. To read more about our approach click here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.