Director - Credit Risk Auditor (Internal Audit )
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile - Internal Audit
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit is comprised of Business and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing, and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Credit Risk Audit Manager, with audit or credit risk experience. The role is at an Audit Manager level, covering MS Bank N.A. and ultimately reports to the Global Head of Credit Risk Internal Audit, within the Global Risk Management Internal Audit team.
The Global Risk Management Internal Audit team provides coverage across the risk pillars, with audit teams specialising in Market, Credit, Operational, and Liquidity Risk audits, as well as Capital Planning. In addition, there are dedicated Quantitative Auditors who cover Model Risk as well as the Credit Review Group which assesses the Firm's credit underwriting process.
- Assesses inherent credit risks and perform risk assessments at the MS Bank N.A. entity and process level
- Prepares audit planning documentation, conducts walkthroughs, and assesses the internal control environment through control and substantive testing
- Evaluates the adequacy and the effectiveness of key controls and potential business concerns by analyzing available documentation and asking insightful questions to identify root causes and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Documents the results of work performed in the Department's automated workpaper system according to Departmental methodologies and documentation standards
- Develops and documents audit findings in a clear and concise manner, communicates observations to line management, and secures formal management responses to audit recommendations for inclusion in the Audit Report
- Arranges follow-up meetings concerning open audit actions with line management quarterly
At a minimum, the successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the below skills & experience:
- A four-year college degree in a business discipline (e.g., Finance, Economics, Accounting).
- Three to five years of experience in auditing capital markets or credit risk management in a bank or broker/dealer regulated environment, as the individual must have a good understanding of the financial services industry; the associated regulatory environment; and internal audit processes.
- The individual should be self-motivated, able to work independently, resolve challenging issues with innovative ideas, and demonstrates strong teamwork and communication skills.
- CA, CPA, CIA, CFA, and /or FRM qualifications a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.