Operations STM - GSR Ops - PT/UI
The purpose of this position is to lead a significant team of the GSR Operations Chennai organization (~25 FTEs) - whether as direct reports or through natural teams through a holistic change journey and bring the overall GSR process to a trail blazer for how Finance and the Business work together to deliver end-to-end value.
The role offers the incumbent an opportunity to build a strong reputation as a leader, be visible to senior Finance and business stakeholders, and to be part of a celebrated winning team that will continue to build on and exemplify this process as a model for others.
The role also offers unique project and change management challenges aligned with GSR’s ongoing digital transformation.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop the capacity and competency of the direct team and assigned natural teams, and foster an environment for success:
- To oversee GSR operations encompassing Bill and pay, Business Support (Engagement Confirmation and Pre-billing), Query Management and Account Management (overdue, reconciliation, monthly & quarterly reporting) activities and delivery on relevant process and FO L1 commitments of assigned natural teams. Develop actions where metrics delivery falls short of plan.
- Build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders in FO and Business ensuring regular structured and one-to-one engagements to support ways of working and accelerate the closure of issues
- Deliver 100% first time right team controls performance, by continuously improving teams focus on controls and compliance,
- Manage relevant accounts in Blackline tool as Account Owner where assigned, ensure aged open items are investigated, followed up and resolved.
- Promote sharing of knowledge among the team, cross teams and cross centers.
- Lead key activities/workstreams in the GSR Operations space related to SBO, FO/FO-Revenue/FO-Revenue-GSR Ops priorities
- During this change journey, the STM will need to continue to deliver on agreed process and FO L1 targets in a controlled manner and drive GSR’s people agenda into teams.
What we need from you?
- Experience in managing a team of multiple teams and bility to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- 15 plus years of experience in finance, accounting area and Team Management.
- Strong experience with use of SERP applications. Excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks
- Ability to remain resilient under time pressure and independently prioritize multiple competing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactively look beyond the scope of requests being made and apply creativity in developing solutions.
- Improvement mindset, with experience of identifying and driving improvement projects.
- Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists.
- Excellent communication & partnering skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills. Good communications skills.