Fixed Assets Analyst
Where you fit
The Fixed Assets Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of the Upstream accounting and reporting. They will need to build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process.
What’s the role?
- The role will be supporting Shell Malaysia Exploration Upstream (SMEP). Their responsibilities will cover:
- Review, monitor and support a team which consists of 4 people for month end reporting in line with group timelines (journals posting, capital expenditure, IFRS16 leases, depreciation, Decommissioning and Restoration provision), local statutory audit, government/local regulatory requirement.
- Review and support the team for monthly financial analysis commentaries.
- Review and support the team for balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis.
- Perform and identifies shortcomings in fixed asset processes, master data governance, systems and procedures, and suggests improvements.
- Conducts and support analyses to solve repetitive or patterned information and data queries/problems.
- Operating, review and ensuring all SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group Controls Framework
- Participate in Reporting & Analysis (R&A) special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Strong team-working across the process area is essential.
- Understanding of IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements
- Strong communication skills & stakeholder management skills
- Positive influencing skills and flexible co-operative approach.
- Strong Continuous Improvement skills and Learner Mindset
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Well-being, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.