Irish Payroll Specialist
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of employee, financial and legal administration services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 10,000 experts in 125 offices across 86 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance and entity management services essential to global business success.
We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the Regional Delivery Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting & tax, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
At this role you will have possibility to work remotely or hybrid from the office in Katowice.
The role of the Payroll Specialist will support junior and more experienced team members with the delivery of the payroll services to TMF’s clients. All payroll and associated tasks must be completed by the Payroll Specialist in an efficient, professional and timely manner, providing a high quality of service to the client. The Payroll Specialist will in addition, be required to maintain a good working relationship with the client, answer queries and provide them with any requested documentation.
- Responsible for meeting payroll compliance requirements via accurate, complete and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required and payments to employees;
- Supervises and allocates tasks to less experience colleagues, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for task accuracy and completeness, payroll checks, keeping line manager updated as appropriate.
- Responsible for meeting the indicated deadlines for each allocated client task;
- Performing tasks in compliance with company policies relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle;
- Performing tasks in compliance with employment legislation, data protection and control risk within payroll function;
- Being the primary day to day contact for payroll audits, Central Statistics Office and other requirements. Responsible for answering audit queries and analysis at year-end and preparation of all monthly and annual statutory returns as required;
- Responsible for processing, payment, reconciliation and reporting of benefits (e.g. Health Insurance, Pension, Share Awards etc.) as required;
- Providing administrative support for management of payroll and benefit issues and accurate record keeping.;
- Perform standard defined tasks to on board new clients;
- Identify out-of-scope service and providing respective information to the team leader/manager
- Keeps up to date with changes in local payroll and tax legislation
- Escalates any concerns to line supervisors or line manager in a timely manner
- Uses TMF’s payroll software effectively
- Maintains relevant databases, client records and other tracking tools as required
- Provides administrative support to the payroll team as required
- Attends client meetings as required
- Undertakes any other duties as reasonably expected for the role
- IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent payroll qualification with substantial experience in a fast paced, high volume payroll position,
- A detailed knowledge of PAYE (including BIK) and PRSI/NI is a plus,
- Familiarity with Revenue’s Online Service and bank transfer processes,
- Experience with payroll systems e.g. Sage Micropay, STAR and Microsoft Office packages and or willingness to learn to use payroll systems
- Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organise themselves
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
- Fluency in English is essential
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing for the Multikafeteria program (e.g. Multisport card)
- Access to a language platform with 12 different languages to learn
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Opportunity to take part in charity projects
- Well-being platform
*Please be informed that we will be contacting selected candidates only.
Applications close: 02 Oct 2023 Central European Daylight TimeFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.