Consulting - Accounting Advisory (FS Focused) - Manager (Riyadh)
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory Services currently has exciting opportunities for a Manager focussing on the financial services sector within the Accounting Advisory team. Our team advises clients on a wide range of advisory projects including implementation of accounting standards, support with transactions, development and review of financial models, identifying issues and providing accounting solutions that meet our client’s objectives.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated professional with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects in the banking and financial services sector, a strong technical knowledge, robust financial modelling skills, and an ability to work in a demanding deal environment.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive advisory and financial services experience, helping our clients solve their complex accounting, financial reporting and business issues.
- As a Manager, you will be required to assist the leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue to grow the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in FS trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- With the appropriate guidance and training from the more experienced members in the team, you will be required to develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the Accounting Advisory offering and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market. Similarly, you will be required to coach and develop the more junior members in the team;
- The role also requires the candidate to have a solid knowledge of IFRS and in particular IFRS 9 financial instruments and being able to both review and prepare technical papers for discussion with global industry experts and apply his critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be primarily based in our Riyadh office, serving our local clients, but also working with colleagues in all Saudi Arabia (such as Jeddah and Dammam) as well as within the Middle Region.
- You are also anticipated to have a large amount of interaction with the other PwC lines of services (such as tax, legal, deals, etc.) which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise.
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with clients and colleagues. You will be expected to have significant interactions with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors typically involved in high profile regional transactions.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the PwC business. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be reporting directly to the leadership team and will be provided with the opportunity to contribute in our medium to long term strategy.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the banking and financial services industry in addition to being robust in accounting technical matters impacting the FS industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting advisory experience is beneficial. Similarly, any experience in the GCC would be beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Saudi Arabia, the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)Arabic, English
Travel RequirementsUp to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.