DRSC Audit & Assurance - Associates / Seniors / AM - ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance)
Title: Assurance (based in Kuala Lumpur) – Senior/ Assistant Manager - ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Assist in the delivery of the overall Climate & Sustainability/ ESG assurance/advisory engagement, including identifying strategic direction of the work.
- Assist in assurance engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 or equivalent.
- Support the manager/director in engagement budgeting and resource management process
- Build relationships with the client staff and act as an ambassador for the firm.
- Work with clients to define and implement recommendations related to sustainability/ESG program policies and procedures, processes, internal controls, roles and responsibilities, reporting, and identifying information technology solutions.
- Assist to create ESG Due Diligence Questionnaires for client’s ESG framework.
- Assist to identify solutions for ESG reporting metrics and disclosures.
- Assist in developing and improving the our ESG Assurance work programmes, methodologies, toolkits, team development and external partnerships.
- Assist to identify, research and help to resolve complex climate & sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
- Actively follows the landscape for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) communications, including ESG standards.
- Continue to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry and ESG/Sustainability/Diversity space by educating yourself on evolving standards and best practices as well as attending relevant industry events.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates / Senior Consultants / Assistant Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Three to four years of working experience in audit/ attestation engagements, preferably with prior sustainability/ESG related work experience. Or relevant experience in Sustainability/ESG consulting
- Degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of industry / sustainability reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, SASB, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to translate recommendations and other ideas effectively and concisely in reports, presentation materials, client proposals and other written communication.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients’ needs.
- Be a team player and leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting to clients and in developing relationships with potential clients.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.