EY Ireland - Tax Waterford Graduate Programme 2023
EY Waterford - Tax Graduate Programme 2023
At EY, we're building a better working world. Starting with yours.
We know that big ideas can come from anywhere and some of our highest flyers come from under the radar. Apply now for the EY Graduate Programme 2023, that’s designed for those who want to think outside the box. By joining one of our award-winning Graduate Programmes, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a team in EY. You’ll receive world-class hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you.
At EY, we're #1 in the areas that matter for your career and we’re looking for graduates with no borders on their ambitions.
Here’s to building a better working world.
The EY Waterford Tax Graduate Programme
Tax offers one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding careers out there. Companies today face increasingly complex tax and regulatory changes, which means our role as trusted advisors is more important than ever. Our clients rely on our Tax team’s extraordinary understanding to best manage their assets and ensure they’re being taxed properly. If you are passionate and possess an insatiable hunger for knowledge, we want you to apply for our Graduate Programme in Tax.
We welcome students from all disciplines and backgrounds to apply. If you are passionate and possess an insatiable hunger for knowledge, we want you to apply for our Graduate Programme in Tax.
What type of work could you be doing?
Once you apply for the graduate programme in Tax, our teams will review your application and if successful, you will be invited to interview with EY Waterford for one of the below areas. Please remember if you have a preference for a specific team or area within Tax, make sure to note this on your application form!
- Indirect Tax (VAT)
- In a single day you can move from advising Irish colleagues on the VAT issues pertaining to property sales, to dealing with Revenue on a significant VAT refund application or even co-ordinating Indirect Tax analysis from many countries of which you may have never been to.
- Private Client Services
- Working with high-net-worth individuals and their families advising them on all aspects of their tax affairs including personal tax planning, residency, estate and succession planning and asset protection. We also advise privately owned companies including family business on a number of matters including M&A, transition of shares to next generation, re-organisations, governance structures etc.
- Transfer Pricing
- In Transfer Pricing service line, we assist companies with appropriately pricing and documenting their intercompany transactions to comply with various countries ‘rules and legislation which is imperative in managing tax risk. We do this by understanding their business (i.e., function performed, assets employed, and risk assumed by each associated company in a related party transaction) through functional interview of the stakeholders and provide advisory, compliance support and litigation support in relation to their intercompany transaction pricing across various jurisdiction.
- Technology and Transformation
- Due to the pace of regulatory change, increasing demands for transparency, expanding digital tax administrations with escalating reporting requirements and regulations, it is essential that our clients’ tax functions operate in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- In Tax Technology & Transformation, we help clients to assess their tax function to get a better understanding of their current processes and identify areas for improvement. We also help them to determine how well they are connected to the evolving tax ecosystem. To do this, we utilise our deep knowledge of industry trends, third-party vendor capabilities and tax technology and work with our clients to develop solutions ranging from the improvement of a single process to the creation of a technology road map for building an intelligent tax function.
- Real Estate Services
- The EY Real Estate Tax Team provides specialist due diligence and structuring advisory services on the acquisition, development, financing, holding and disposal of real estate in Ireland. Our tax compliance services cover all tax heads relevant to the real estate sector.
- Global Compliance Reporting (GCR)
- The Global Compliance Reporting (GCR) team is an exciting team focused on complying with the ever changing national and international tax laws and the adoption of technology to help improve tax reporting processes. The GCR team focus on various tasks from tax filings, tax payments and tax reporting to ad hoc tax advice. The teamwork with domestic companies and companies in multi-national groups with an Irish tax reporting obligation across all sectors including Technology, Life Sciences and Retail.
- Research and Development (R&D)
- The EY quantitative services group help businesses to access funding, grants, and incentives for their innovation, sustainability initiatives, and capital investments to achieve their innovation, sustainability and growth ambitions, thereby unlocking long-term value for our clients. The quantitative services team have a wide variety of skill sets from IT, Engineering and Life Science to Tax and Accounting.
- Transaction Tax
- In Transaction Tax, we work on all tax aspects associated with Mergers & Acquisitions across a diverse range of sectors (e.g., technology, renewable energy, life sciences, etc.). Working closely with both other Transaction Tax team members and tax subject matter specialists from across the organisation, transaction tax involves:
- Performing tax due diligence procedures for our clients,
- Providing assistance to our clients in respect of both pre- and post-acquisition structuring and integration,
- Working closely with our colleagues in Strategies and Transactions to deliver a comprehensive service offering and value to our clients,
- Liaising with clients and their legal advisors to achieve the desired commercial outcome in a tax efficient manner while also managing tax risk through the contractual process,
- Review of financial models from an Irish tax perspective to assist our clients in evaluating the commercial opportunity available,
- Assisting in the provision of tax advice to clients on a range of advisory projects.
Training & Development
Joining the EY Waterford Graduate Programme in Tax gives you the opportunity to not only become a fully qualified accountant, but a Chartered Tax Advisor too. Throughout this five-year graduate programme, you will refine your talents and enhance your knowledge within your chosen specialism. Naturally, you’ll also build up a network of amazing people and be exposed to all sorts of industries through your everyday work.
Throughout the Tax Graduate programme, you will have the option to complete the Chartered Accountants Ireland qualification (ACA), and the Irish Tax Institute qualification (AITI), or the AITI qualification only.
At EY, we offer world-class learning and development support as you pursue your professional qualifications, including fully paid exam fees and study leave, exam bonus schemes, internal exam support sessions and more. In addition, if you are interested in pursuing an accreddited Maters in Accounting or Post-Graduate Diploma in Accounting before joining EY, we will offer you additional sponsorship towards your post-graduate studies! (Terms & Conditions apply)
In addition, while there will be a certain focus on building your technical skillset, we also want you to gain the skills needed to manage your workload and create a healthy work/life balance.
This programme is normally 5 years in total (depending on your exam exemptions and route), with many opportunities to stay at EY post-qualification. Upon the completion of the EY Graduate Programme in Tax, you will, quite simply, be one of the most employable young people in Europe.
Skills and attributes for success
- A minimum 2.1 or higher in your chosen degree
- A client-oriented, professional services mindset
- Exceptional execution and delivery mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Aptitude to present on subject matter areas to an audience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.