Quality Assurance Director/ AVP (Fund Services)
The Quality Assurance Review Team plays a key role in fund accounting oversight within the global MSFS model. This role will focus on carrying out reviews of NAVs that have been completed in all MSFS locations. The successful candidate will be providing valuable input in terms of analytical skills, issue identification and resolution thereof with a view towards enhancing the quality of the NAV being produced.
The successful candidate will also be initiating, participating, and leading several accounting related Quality Assurance focused projects and initiatives, including ensuring a smooth transition of new clients on to MSFS platforms. These will range from structured projects and initiatives that will be embedded in the monthly workflows to ad hoc initiatives that are likely to be once off or intermittently run.
Some of the services offer by Morgan Stanley Fund Services include: Accounting Support, Investor Services, Tax Services, Middle Office Support, Analytics, Corporate Secretary Services, StratumSM investor transparency reporting.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Final Accounting Review of NAVs completed in either the same or other MSFS locations within a defined time delivery schedule
- Develop effective analytical tools and review procedures to enhance NAV deliveries and perform enhanced reviews and provide innovative solutions
- Spearhead Quality Assurance initiatives and projects within accounting with a drive towards ensuring consistent high quality work products are delivered
- Assist in the development of best practices for Fund Accounting to enable the firm to improve its efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring that the firm is producing quality output
- Provide exception reporting to senior management and functional groups on the adherence of Fund Accounting to group policies and procedures
- Design, implement and enhance policies, procedures and controls based on observations
- Build and manage relationships with senior management and other business owners to champion deliverables
- Integrate with global colleagues to ensure standard operating practice
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GAAP and industry updates and ensure relevant application of the same
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in the Private Equity industry is required. Public accounting, Private Equity / Hedge Fund Administration or management experience is an advantage.
- Track record in dealing with hybrid structures, including calculation methodologies (waterfalls etc) and hedge funds/regulated funds additionally would be an advantage.
- Strong technical skills. US GAAP knowledge required including strong understanding of hedge fund structures. Knowledge of other accounting standards like IFRS would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Irish regulatory requirements (particularly UCITS and AIF type structures and reporting requirements, including daily reporting requirements) would be an advantage.
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting and operational issues related to hedge fund, private equity, and regulated funds administration
- Ability to handle pressure effectively, to work independently and as part of a global team and liaise across all levels of the firm’s extensive support structure
Where will you be working?
- Modern flexible office in the heart of Dublin, excellent transport links and amenities on the doorstep.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.Qualifications
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Fully qualified/certification e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA.
- PQE with public accounting experience servicing investment related companies preferred. Ideal candidate should demonstrate extensive experience and a thorough understanding of industry and accounting practices.
- Proven ability to advise/influence group managers, employees and senior management