Internal Audit - Advisor
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in more than 140 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
We are a team of passionate and experienced professionals from various disciplines, assisting several organisations with identifying, anticipating and managing business risks. We have an exciting portfolio of clients across financial services and non-financial services sectors. Our work spans across various service lines: conducting internal audits (including IT audits), providing assistance to ensure regulatory compliance, and helping clients in managing business risks. Over the past years, our Risk Consulting Team has grown considerably. Today, it comprises a number of experienced and talented professionals with different skill sets, including auditors, accountants, actuaries, banking and insurance specialists and AML/CFT experts.
We are currently looking for an Internal Auditor Advisor to join the team within our well-established Risk Consulting Advisory department in view of our expanding business opportunities. Although the role entails your assistance with the provision of Internal Audit Services to several regulated entities (including Banks, Financial Institutions, Insurance Entities and Gaming Entities), you will also have the opportunity to contribute to other risk advisory projects.
- Contribute to the day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements including activities such as: Design and development of risk assessments, annual audit plans, audit programs, working papers, internal audit reports, and other deliverables based on the specific engagement requirements;
- Perform fieldwork and ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases;
- Supervise, coach and review the work performed by junior members within the team;
- Advise senior members of the team of progress on the job and any developments that may lead to a change of plan;
- Present results and recommendations to the team and draft clear and concise internal audit reports;
- Take ownership of self-development to prepare for greater responsibilities and career growth and take the initiative to seek out opportunity for continued learning;
- Ensure collaboration with firm-wide subject matter experts for the effective execution of internal audit engagements; and,
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement managers to provide well-coordinated and consistent high-performance results.
- A minimum of two years of internal audit experience with preference given to persons exhibiting IA experience in banking, FIs, and/or insurance entities;
- Degree in accountancy (or related field), or ACCA (or similar professional qualifications);
- Experience within a professional services firm would be preferred;
- A superb team player with excellent communication and analytical skills, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- Good project management skills; and,
- Willing to pursue a relevant qualification such as CIA, CISA, etc. Preference will be given to candidates holding such certifications.
What We Offer
A Performance Manager to coach you, periodically review, and ensure that you will meet your business and personal development goals;
- Buddy system;
- Continuous Learning through multiple online platforms;
- Technical training and support;
- Flexible working;
- Health insurance;
- A multicultural team;
- Relocation package and Immigration support where applicable.
Should the above vacancy interest you, please visit our website via the apply button below to submit your application.