VAT Senior Manager
VAT Senior Manager
We are looking to recruit a VAT Senior Manager with a commercial mindset and broad VAT technical expertise, to join our rapidly growing VAT Team.
Working closely with, and reporting directly to, the VAT Partner, we are looking for an accomplished Senior Manager to support in the delivery and expansion of our firmwide VAT advisory service.
An exciting time to be joining in a high growth area, you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of Part Qualified and Qualified VAT accountants to provide a comprehensive VAT advisory service to a wide range of clients from local and international businesses, to public sector and not for profit organisations.
This role will appeal to VAT Managers who are looking to make the step up to Senior Manager or established Senior Managers who are looking for a new challenge within a modern and forward thinking business.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing client VAT advisory projects, scoping, agreeing fees, delegating to junior staff and coaching on the job, and technical sign off.
- Technical competency in corporate VAT, deals, international, land and property, and partial exemption is essential.
- We are a market leader in the Academy sector and growing significantly in the wider public sector, so experience with these would be an advantage.
- Active client-facing role, with involvement in wider firm business development, local markets and client relationships development.
- Contributing to the growth and development of the VAT team, we have a strong culture of being all in it together and creating a positive, supportive and successful team culture.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Experience of working within VAT gained from either an accountancy practice or HMRC environment. Ideally you will be CTA qualified, but this isn’t essential.
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of VAT clients across multiple sectors.
- People Management Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels.
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming.
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Len Dean; VAT Partner or Sam Ford; Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.