Tax Assistant / Graduate
Due to growth of client base, Robb Ferguson Chartered Accountants are seeking a Tax Assistant to join its expanding tax team.
This role is ideal for a graduate who missed out on a role in intake this year (with accountancy or related degree) or those currently working in a similar role and not commenced their professional qualifications.
Working closely with our tax team and reporting to the tax manager, your role will largely involve:
- Preparing of tax returns for review
- Research of technical points
- Other tasks to assist the team meet the needs of our clients
Whilst initially focussed on personal tax, there is scope for this to be a mixed tax role.
Initial training will be provided internally, and opportunity will be provided to obtain professional tax qualifications through the Association of Tax Technicians and the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
You as a candidate should have:
- Commitment to pursue a career in tax and to achieve a professional qualification with willingness to undertake intensive training
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills
- Communication skills, with an ability to develop positive working relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues alike
- Motivation to see tasks to completion and to deliver a high standard of work
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and duties
Robb Ferguson is a firm of Chartered Accountants based in the heart of Glasgow City Centre. We’ve been advising clients for over 140 years, helping them to achieve business goals.
We are proud to be one of Scotland’s oldest firms of Chartered Accountants, but in equal measure, are proud to be vibrant and forward-thinking.
We have built teams around our client needs and our focus is in delivering the highest standards in all that we do.
The firm provide a full range of accountancy, audit, tax, bookkeeping and payroll services to our client base who are principally small and medium sized businesses. The firm takes pride in delivering these services to our clients in a highly professional, efficient, and personal way.
For more information, please visit our website - About Us - Robb Ferguson CA
Please apply, attaching your CV and covering letter, explaining why you want to apply to Robb Ferguson and the main attributes which you believe make you suitable for the position.
Salary: Competitive graduate salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Days of Work: Monday to Friday
Based: Office, flexible considered after initial training period
Experience: Not required