Accounts Assistant / Shoreham-By-Sea / Finance
A leading Shoreham-By-Sea organisation are seeking a permanent Accounts Assistant on a full time basis.
As Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Process sales invoices, payables and credit notes in various currencies
- Process cash receipts and payments
- Ensure invoice and expense requests are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Process employee expenses and credit cards as well as manual submissions.
- Investigate and resolve queries, ensuring issues are followed up in a timely manner
- Preparation of payment batches and uploading of payments for approval, processing in multiple currencies.
- Assisting with bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the timely processing of all accounts receivable & payable transactions in line with our month end closure deadlines and in accordance with procedures
- Ensure monthly accounts receivable cash collection targets are met, produce weekly unallocated cash reports ensuring unallocated cash is accounted for and noted
- Ensure adherence to month end deadlines as well as regular reporting of supplier/customer payment status
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of credit control & accounts payable procedures
- Experience in a multi-currency environment
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Confident and approachable with strong team working skills
- Accounts software packages
- Excel & word
- AAT or at minimum be studying AAT Level 2