Consultant- Corporate Governance - Governance, Risk and Compliance Services
Key areas of focus include:
Corporate governance and/or Internal audit/Internal controls over financial reporting
- As an Advisory Senior, you will make a significant technical contribution to client engagements and internal projects.
- Within your role, you will actively establish, maintain, and strengthen internal and external relationships. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, compliance, and governance issues, you will escalate issues as appropriate to the Manager/Director.
- Working closely with colleagues, you will confirm whether the work plan is properly executed, documented, and concluded in compliance with KPMG’s guidelines.
- Working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Building strong internal relationships within KPMG and with other services across the organization
- Contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Other cognate duties
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Perform risk assessments by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Conduct process understanding session with client to gain knowledge of on ground practices, policies and procedure implemented to identify the design gaps, associated risks
- Develop internal audit program containing detailed testing strategies to validate the efficacy implemented controls
- Lead client discussions/presentations for gaps identified along with root causes and provide agile solutions mitigating the risks
- Skill set to develop policies and procedures from scratch highlighting balanced control environment mitigating business risks
- Acumen to identify business deficiencies and recommending value adding solution driving.
- Writing detailed audit reports effectively communicating the gaps, risks, and recommendations
- Helping prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
Role: Corporate Governance
- Advise on effective corporate governance structure including roles and responsibilities of the CEO, Board Committee etc.
- Assist in development of Delegation of Authority at corporate level based on the constitutional documents such as Articles of Association, Shareholder Agreement, BOD committee terms of reference, etc.
- Advise on matters to be delegated to the CEO and reserved for BOD/Shareholder matters.
- Assist in drafting terms of reference for BOD Committees, etc.
- Advise on the type of BOD committees to be developed i.e., advisory/decision making
- Ensure full compliance with relevant legislation and regulation pertaining to the corporate governance of the entity
- Assist in managing the preparation and publication of the Annual Corporate Governance Statement, Reports and Accounts, and other annual reports as required. This also includes monitoring and disclosure of Third-Party transactions.
- Assist in the implementation of the governance framework.
- Regular review and maintenance of the Corporate Governance policy.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in finance, Business or other related field
- Industry related certification (e.g., ACCA, ICAEW, CIA, CRMA, ICSA, ACAMS)
- 4-5 years professional experience in the internal auditing preferably within Big4 and/or leading companies
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge in data analytics would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess flawless communication skills in English. Arabic will be a big plus