Fund Accounting Director - Danish Speaker
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Fund Accounting Director is responsible for all aspects of the NAV process, reporting to the Fund Accounting Managing Director, they are required to provide leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund accounting teams. The Fund Accounting Director contributes to the development and implementation of system, procedural and operational enhancements. They ensure the timely and accurate delivery of the NAV process. They are key contacts for ad hoc client requests and issues. As a result, a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration is required.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on fund structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Participate in new client meetings, demonstrating HedgeServ software, discussing complex accounting topics and outlining HedgeServ’s solution to their needs with specific focus on fund structures and products traded.
- Work as part of a team of Managers, Directors and Managing Directors, who have ongoing responsibility for developing all aspects of HedgeServ services.
- Understand and be responsible for all aspects of the NAV process including fee calculations, profit and loss allocations, accounting for complex financial instruments, documentation review and ad hoc client requests.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund accounting teams.
- Efficiently manage multiple relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within a clearly defined, documented and tested control environment.
- Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and procedures to reflect the changing control environment.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for fund accounting employee recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve employee complaints in conjunction with HR and the MD group.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of financial and regulatory reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships between HedgeServ and client brokers, auditors and legal counsel.
- Responsible for new client transitions to the HedgeServ platform.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Business Development, Operations and Compliance departments within HedgeServ.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employees. As such, Fund Accounting Directors should be flexible and willing to adapt. Fund Accounting Directors should be capable of managing teams of up to 30 staff in total, servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines.Skills and Attributes:
- C1 level of Danish language required
- IT literate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively either within a team structure or independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good initiative with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honours degree.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience working with a Hedge Fund Administrator with at least 3 of those at Manager level. Alternative fund experience may be considered.