Require a bachelor's degree in the area of specialty (B. Com) with ACCA part qualified and a minimum 3 years of experience in the audit/accounting firm. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within an accounting practice. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Work under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required to optimize given tasks.
Responsibilities as Assistant Auditor / Accountant
- Perform bookkeeping and prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports
- Ensure compliance with all applicable accounting standards (IFRS)
- Stay current on industry trends, and best accounting and accounting practices
- Ensure accuracy of financial information
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions (Bank, control accounts, etc.)
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to clients
- Meet tight deadlines of clients to prepare financial statements and relevant reports
- Understanding on month-end and year-end closings
- Communicate effectively with clients and firm management
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Finance with ACCA Affiliate or part qualified.
- 2-3 years of experience in financial accounting from a firm.
- Strong understanding of Accounting Standards, UAE regulations and VAT.
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, and time management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Keen to learn automation and software
- Advanced level practical experience of accounting software such as Zoho and Xero
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Practice integrity and confidentiality
- Initiative taker and Team player
- Advance level user of MS excel and PDF applications.
- Knowledge and experience of Ms, word, outlook