Specialist AR Collections
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide active support to a group of owned / managed hotels in maintaining hotels’ Accounts Receivable, along with maximize cash-flow opportunities through the effective credit control, cash collection and timely query resolution for assigned customers’ accounts. Such activities include cash application, accounts reconciliation and agreement of balances with customers. The job includes setting up of new customer accounts, credit reference check, revision of credit limits etc. Ensure that the integrity of all work and interactions with customers are completed with full accuracy and as per agreed SLA and procedures.
• Manage hotel’s Accounts Receivable with full accuracy in accordance with Service Level Agreements. Responsibilities include but not limited to – a) Effective & regular follow up with customers for outstanding receivables b) All aged (60+) items are addressed regularly and escalated c) Ensuring processes and procedures are followed regarding customer contacts, adhering to the process policy, d) Proactively inform any customer issues and escalation e) Issues & identified mistakes are not repeated
• Setup of New Customer’s accounts, Credit Reference check and revision of Credit limits. Reviewing payment remittance and cash application in system
• Regular interaction with hotels and business teams along with managing Credit Review Meetings
• Independently handling and resolving process related issues.
• Help / Support the Team Leader or Manager in various Reports/ Tracker/Calls /process level key activities, improvement initiatives, automation and drive efficiency to deliver the same on a timely basis
• Need to work in coordination with the team leader to suggest or look at training needs of other new and junior team members. Analyze system reports to ensure accuracy, research and resolve problems; ensure the integrity of assigned system and data.
• Provide guidance & coach new members in investigation, analysis and resolution of customer specific issues.
• Assist with daily cash application ensuring transactional integrity adhering to consistent departmental policy.
• Ensure all customer records are kept up to date, conversations and all maintenance processes are documented and filed as agreed.
• Regular interaction with various teams across functions
• Provide full support in managing all audit queries on time to time basis.
• Prepare and compile various reports as required for special studies and projects.
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education: Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Experience: A minimum of 3-4 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of PeopleSoft or other enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing and resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems.
- Ability to influence and negotiate resulting in positive customer payment decisions.