Specialist General Accounting
The role provides accounting support and manages the books of accounts for a group of owned / managed hotels including month end close, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Cash flows, Reporting and Audit support. The Job includes executing all deliverables per SLA & other related tasks on day to day basis. This position will be required to support/ drive various accounting, reporting, MIS and continuous process improvement initiatives undertaken from time to time; the job/ role may undergo a change to align with various initiatives/projects. The role will require managing all queries related to various audits, process change initiatives, automation, etc... Job also requires interaction across functions within and outside India Service Center. Ensure that the integrity of all work and interaction with customers is managed with full accuracy and as per agreed SLA and procedures.
• Manage financials of a group of owned / managed hotels with full accuracy including Journal preparation / upload, GL Review, P&L Analysis, Trend Analysis, Month end close, Cash Flows, Owner’s Reporting etc. as per agreed SLA.
• Prepare and Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations with proper backup and follow up to resolve all open items in a timely manner.
• Prepare, Review and ensure all accruals / provisions, reclassifications, true-ups are posted in respective period along with monthly amortization of prepaid expenses.
• Review and suggest creation of System Allocations and validation.
• Independently handle / resolve process related issues and manage multi-tasking.
• Regular interaction with various teams across functions, Business teams, hotels and other stakeholders.
• Coordinate with Auditors and provide full support in managing all queries related to various audits on time to time basis.
• Manage and stabilize transition of new processes and ensure BAU as per agreed timelines.
• Help / Support the Team Leader or Manager in reviewing various MIS Reports, process level key activities, improvement initiatives, automation and drive efficiency to deliver the same on a timely basis.
• Need to work in coordination with TL/AM to suggest or look at training needs of other new and junior team members. Provide guidance & coach new members in investigation, analysis and resolution of process specific issues.
• Analyze system reports to ensure accuracy, research and resolve problems; ensure the integrity of assigned system and data.
• Prepare and compile various reports as required for special studies and projects and leads on managing such initiatives / projects.
• Ensure that Accurate & correct statement, reports & data is provided to internal & external customers within time lines assigned.
• Backup plan during leaves and assisting other members during the leaves – Ensuring all reports, queries are addressed as per timelines
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education: B.com/M.com CA/CWA/CFA/MBA (F)/Semi-Qualified in any professional degree
Experience: A minimum of 3-4 years progressive work-related experience with strong accounting and / or audit background.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of PeopleSoft or other enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated Presentation skills for various level audience (peers, managers, other departments, business teams).
- Ability to assess, prioritize and meet timelines as necessary for various projects including, transitions, audits, continuous process improvement and industry standards. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing and resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems.
- Demonstrated strong Accounting knowledge.