Assurance - Associate / Experienced Associate
- Applies knowledge and understanding of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures by:
- Applies knowledge of transactional flow and key transactional cycles to complete audit work; Documents, validates and assesses the design and operating effectiveness of the clients’ internal control system; Identifies and communicates suggested improvements to client internal controls and accounting procedures in an effort to reduces risk within the client organization; Supervise and reviews the work of audit staff
- Applies knowledge and understanding of governing principles; applying these principles to client transactions; and documenting and communicating an understanding and application of these principles by:
- Communicating financial statement disclosure requirements to clients; Drafting complex sets of financial statements with disclosures; Recognizing and applying new pronouncements to client situations; Identifying, analyzing and discussing alternative generally accepted accounting principles with the Manager, Senior Manager and engagement partner and the client, as needed; Identifying complex accounting issues and brings them to the attention of superiors for resolution; Coaching less experienced team members in new areas
SEC and PCAOB
- Applies knowledge and understanding of SEC regulations and PCAOB guidelines, and documents and communicates the application of these principles by:
- Reading and reviewing clients’ SEC filings, ensuring accuracy and completeness, and also ensuring that all financial information is documented in the workpapers and through appropriate testing; Preparing required communications to the Client and the Audit Committee; Planning and executing Section 404 internal control audits including obtaining an understanding of the control environment, designing test plans, evaluating deficiencies and assessing the overall financial reporting control environment.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement by:
- Formulating and communicating the audit plan; Applying GAAS to a variety of complex issues and consults others as appropriate; Employing audit skepticism and determining when to reduce or expand testing; Utilizing BDO audit manuals as appropriate for the situation; Documenting deviations from BDO policy, with approval.
- Applies knowledge and application of BDO standards to guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products by:
- Applies methodology used to seek or maintain information from authoritative sources and to draw conclusions regarding a target issue based on the information by:
- Provides verbal and written performance feedback to Audit Associates
- Supervises the work assignments of Audit Associates within assigned engagement team
- Other duties as required'
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesEducation:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Qualified CA/ ACCA
- CPA preferred
- Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills