Ready to return to work and redefine your career aspirations whilst leaving room for flexibility?; Want to be supported by a learning and development team as you grow?; Interested in working with an industry varied client base across the SME market?
Who are Azets
Azets are a leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, we have over a wide network of employees and an abundance of inspiring opportunities to join one of our many offices!
We are a top ten accountancy firm in the UK and are the number one largest SME practice.
- For this opportunity, we are looking for a candidate with transferable experience, that is looking to make the move into a career in payroll. Following successful completion of a training plan you will have the ability and motivation to:
- Understand and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of client payrolls to agreed deadlines
- Work within your own chargeable time budget
Day to day duties
- Input data for any of the payrolls when necessary, running Audit and validation checks for payroll as well as interfacing of data to General Ledger and Pensions systems
- Monitor SSP, SMP and other statutory payments and calculations
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary
- Manage any payroll changes to the time and attendance systems (BMS)
- Administer the end-to-end payroll process and auto enrolment compliance for a portfolio of clients
- You will be on hand to answering any payroll related enquiries from clients and being a trusted advisor
- Acting as first line support for pay queries
- Peer checking of payrolls
- Undertake general administrative duties and work collaboratively within the payroll hub
- Develop relationships with clients, ensuring effective communication with the wider offices, HMRC and other third-party providers
- Effectively communicating with team and wider payroll teams
- Requirement to keep up to date with payroll legislation and industry changes though independent research
What are we looking for?
- Transferable experience, working in a professional environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail across both manual and systems based work
- A natural ability to coordinate, prioritise and multitask with little supervision
- Strong customer focused approach, ability to handle customer queries by telephone and email
- Be able to adapt to a highly changeable environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Numerical skills
What's in it for you?
Our benefits include hybrid & flexible working, birthday leave, professional subscription and much more. You can find out more about how we reward our colleagues - Careers | Rewards And Benefits | Azets UK
Interested in hearing more about Life at Azets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.