Assistant Management Accountant - 12 Month FTC
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle upon Tyne (Longbenton) on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- To support the delivery of financial performance reporting including providing assistance to manage and reduce risk and ensure key controls are adhered to.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and be the liaison point with other teams/departments for the resolution of issues
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries in line with agreed SLA and reporting deadlines;
- Assist in the maintenance of management accounting processes and implement and communicate any required changes;
- Assist in the provision of supporting data and relevant analysis to the SBU teams to aid decision making in an effective and timely manner;
- Assist with ensuring the management and fiscal reporting are fully reconciled and aligned;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of all consolidated management accounts for SBU and Group Finance review and sign off;
- Assist in the validation and upload all monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts to the Group consolidation and reporting model (HFM) in line with required deadlines;
- Contribute to and support Projects as designated;
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework.
- Proactively assist in the identification of improvements (through root cause analysis), making recommendations and successfully implement new ways of working gaining the full support of stakeholders and colleagues alike;
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide effective business partnering and relationship management;
- Support the Management Accountants and act as a secondary point of contact with Heads of Departments, FCs and FDs and Finance managers in the SBUs.
Provide general support to internal and external customers.Who we're looking for
The following minimum qualification level is essential dependent on scope of role:
Entry level studying at a minimum of Level 3 T with an intention to study for a professional accounting qualification in the near to medium future (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent);
Part Qualified level at a minimum of Operational (CIMA) or Applied Skills (ACCA);
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Intermediate / advanced Ms Excel, Ms Power Point and Ms Word;
- A good understanding of financial and management accounting disciplines;
- A good understanding and working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems including multicurrency ERP systems (preferably Oracle),
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Good understanding of construction industry and working in a multiple Operating Company environment with diverse stakeholder management;
- Some project related experience.
- A continuous improvement mentality.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.