- To support the delivery of financial performance reporting including providing assistance to manage and reduce risk and ensure key controls are adhered to.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Accountant you will be:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and be the liaison point with other teams/departments for the resolution of issues. Prepare month end bank transfers where appropriate;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline and be the liaison point with other teams/departments for the resolution of issues;
- Responsible for posting journals within the scope of work;
- Responsible for the posting of project cost transfer journals;
- Responsible for delivery of the AP2P process;
- Responsible for the analysis and allocation of AP2P uncosted and the root cause of errors/transactions not being allocated;
- Responsible for the project set ups in the R12 system on behalf of all SBUs;
- Responsible for the monthly PFS revenue recognition cycle; allocating revenue and deferring cost;
- Responsible for allocating central costs to projects including IT, fleet, consumables;
- Responsible for the additions, disposals and maintenance of fixed assets within the R12 system;
- Responsible for producing KPIs on behalf of the team to be used to improve quality within processes;
- Contributing to and support Projects as designated;
- Assisting with ensuring compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework;
- Proactively assist in the identification of improvements (through root cause analysis), making recommendations and successfully implement new ways of working gaining the full support of stakeholders and colleagues alike;
- Providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing effective business partnering and relationship management;
- Providing general support to internal and external customers.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Strong understanding of primarily R12 and other ERP systems;
- Knowledge of best practice in process management and compliance within finance;
- Good influencing and assertiveness skills;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Intermediate / advanced Ms Excel, Ms Power Point and Ms Word;
- Ability to challenge controls, performance and strategic direction.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.