A role has arisen within the Branded Accounts Payable team as a Branded Finance Accountant. The LABEL business has seen significant growth over the last few years and this role will help with the continued growth of the business acting as a key operational support to our branded partners within our Finance Operations department.
We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £5bn of sales and payments a year, across 400+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
About the role:
- As part of the Branded accounts payable team you'll be responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations and generating invoices / self-bills for the brands to ensure high accuracy of work is delivered in a timely manner whilst supporting the business in delivering high profile projects and managing a growing supplier base
- Highlight in a timely manner areas of non compliance, high volumes and breach of business process & policy
- Ensure accurate weekly self-bills are processed correctly
- Ledger reconciliations and month end accruals
- Review and monitoring of management information to take appropriate action
- Manage relationships with brands
- Investigate and resolve supplier queries
- LABEL is growing and changing all the time so this role will also involve working with our systems teams to ensure new developments (e.g. buying methods, contractual terms, reporting requirements) are fully scoped and implemented correctly which will include testing and support in business sign off, of these enhancements
- Work with Robotics team to deliver task migration and monitor performance, highlight key issues
- Step into managers responsibilities when required
- Administering and accounting for different buying methods
- Prioritise own workload amongst conflicting priorities and key business deadlines
- Part qualified accountant, who is confident in double-entry and VAT
- You possess high level IT skills to complement your ability to analyse and interpret information
- Experience of working with non-financial areas
- Confident in explaining complex areas and able to provide process flows
- A good communicator, you’ll be comfortable presenting in meetings and liaising with all levels of management
- Able to stand in for your manager in meetings or whilst on holidays
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met and excellent levels of customer service are maintained.
- You’ll be used to thinking on your feet and making decisions
- You’re able to manage and prioritise your workload and have the flexibility to handle operational issues whilst still hitting other deadlines
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.