Senior Analyst - TSA NA Products
Position Description – Purpose
Shell Trading integrates a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, chemicals, and freight trading based in the UK, US, Canada, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, United Arab Emirates, The Philippines and Russia. Additionally, it provides marine expertise to operating units and manages a substantial fleet of vessels. Currently the team is broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA), WONA (World outside NA) & Global Freight. This role will specifically cover North America region for refined Products only. The purpose of this role is to ensure on-time and accurate payment of invoices to 3rd party vendor by working closely with different stakeholders within the Trading business, particularly the operations teams at the Houston / Calgary / Manila Trading locations. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to quickly gain knowledge of a fast-moving, exciting, and high-value trading business, to gain effective stakeholder engagement, and sharpen the analytical skills.
Additional comments: We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity, and have respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability, and can achieve great results through teamwork.
Position Description – Accountabilities
- Ensure 100% on-time (as determined by the SLA) and accurate (as determined by the controls framework) payment of invoices to Intergroup and 3rd party vendors.
- Experience in Inter-company (ICA) reconciliation is an added advantage.
- Ensure counterparty disputes are resolved within in a short turnaround time by prioritizing the value of invoices to minimize business impact.
- Ensure set escalation process followed to clear past due invoices and should be able to interpret the disputes clearly.
- Ensure the process KPIs are achieved with appropriate reasoning for non-achievement, if any.
- Ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained at 100% (Timeliness & Accuracy)
- Follow documented Work Instructions and agreed Ways of Working with no deviations.
- Ensure quality check on outgoing payments.
- Ensure prioritization of quality check activities in line with contractual payment terms.
- Hands-on experience in billing and faxing activities.
- Ensure the receivable are followed-up proactively and cash realized on or before the contractual due date.
- Ensure overdue receivable are escalated timely with a clear explanation of the disputes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across all cultures
- both within the organisation and with external counterparties.
- Proven ability to effectively challenge whilst remaining customer focused and exhibiting commercial mindset.
- Good accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Accounts Payables process to gain subject matter expertise.
- Fair knowledge in accrual process and manual journal posting in ERP.
- Additional support needed in line with business requirements during month-ends.
Experience and Qualification required
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related business degree.
- Strong experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts receivable domain with Minimum of 4-6 years.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a short turn-around time involving complexities and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work pro-actively and with minimum supervision.