Pensions CoE - Audit Manager
Job descriptionThis role can be based in any of the following locations: Manchester, Birmingham, Reading, London, Glasgow.The TeamKPMG’s Pensions Centre of Excellence (PCoE) is an exciting new initiative with rapid growth and new opportunities which has been established to standardise the audits of defined benefit pension plans, driving a consistent approach and audit documentation to ensure delivery of high-quality audits. Over the next few years, the PCoE will assist selected engagements with delivering the pensions audit. These engagements will vary in size and complexity to gain in-depth knowledge across a variety of industries which will aid the development of the work deliverables as well as a seamless and efficient delivery process.We are now looking for talented Managers with audit experience to join us in either a full or part-time role. You will be expected to help develop as well as lead the pensions audit delivery from planning through execution, review and to conclusion across a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for interfacing with audit teams and audit entities. This will also involve interfacing with internal and external specialists as well as audit entity pension teams.Managers will be a key contact with the central KPMG audit team, with responsibility for assisting in managing the day-to-day relationship with KPMG Audit and for ensuring delivery to agreed timescales.The RoleThe role will consist of working to tight deadlines and delivering a seamless service to audit entities of all sizes from mid-market to FTSE listed groups and across a wide range of sectors.We are offering both full-time and part-time roles with flexible working arrangements. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibility to help develop the centre of excellence including the delivery process, standardised work programmes, and the skills and experience of the staff. Manage a portfolio of clients and ensure timelines are met to deliver an excellent service to our clients. Maintain regular, open and honest communication whilst working together with the lead audit team and in some cases the audit entity. Understanding and challenging the risk assessment for each client, ensuring the extent of work is appropriately scoped. Review the completed work and ensure the audit work is delivered to a high quality in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology. Reporting to audit engagement signing Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from the audit procedures performed. Visits to clients/ local offices as necessary. Seek the facts to provide insight and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis. Deliver training to wider department. Follow KPMG best values.Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
- Hold at least five years' experience in audit and one year as manager.
- Experienced in review and development of underlying working papers.
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals(internal or external) at different levels of seniority.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service to clients (internal and external).