Valuations & Economics Senior Manager, Transaction Services
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
Our growing Valuations team is seeking a Senior Manager to help us drive success in the UAE and broader Middle East market. As the regional market continues to expand, the opportunity for individual and team exposure is tremendous. We are looking for a driven candidate with a passion for Valuations and an ability to lead and manage a winning team. The Middle East has been witnessing unprecedented growth in the M&A market, IPO listings as well as transaction volumes in line with the regional government’s ambitious growth targets.
As part of our winning Valuations team, you will provide independent valuations to help organizations unlock greater deal value and provide transparency in their financial reporting.
What to consider before applying
This role requires the candidate to be based out of our United Arab Emirates office (Dubai or Abu Dhabi).
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing robust business enterprise and equity valuations using the Income Approach, Market Approach and Net Assets Approach methods incorporating sector, deal and/or investment considerations.
- Interpreting the results from the various valuation methods applied and concluding on an appropriate valuation estimate.
- Performing purchase price allocations and intangible asset valuations in accordance with IFRS 3 and IFRS 13.
- Providing expert opinions of value including fairness opinions and valuation reviews of third party reports.
- Delivering high quality work products and presenting valuation findings both internally and to C-Suite level clients (where required).
- Leading, managing and motivating a team in carrying out valuation engagements.
- Managing overall project economics, billings and collections.
- Providing support to junior team members in guiding and reviewing their work outputs.
- Building a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally.
- Working with colleagues across all lines of services to deliver valuations involving other project teams.
- Developing and presenting compelling proposals to win new projects.
- Complying with all risk and quality and administrative requirements.
- Keeping up to date with valuation technical/market developments and contributing to technical forums and other practice development initiatives.
- 8+ years of professional experience with a focus on Valuations for Deals and Financial Reporting.
- Undergraduate degree (bachelor’s degree) or equivalent as a minimum educational requirement
- CFA, qualified ACA or ACCA equivalent designations are preferred.
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of external research databases (e.g., S&P Capital IQ) in quantifying assumptions for the use in valuation models and for general market research.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (prior exposure to or experience in financial modeling).
- Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in traveling between regional offices may be required as part of the role.
- Advanced skills in analytical tools are preferred.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and identify selling opportunities throughout a deal lifecycle.
- History of independently managing a team and delivering large scale projects.
- Contributing to thought leadership and business development, searching for and identifying prospective opportunities and supporting leadership in the sales process.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyze their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter mentality and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects.
- The ability to lead multiple projects and liaise with multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments.
- Passion for innovation, technology, and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g., quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges).
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at https://www.pwc.com/m1/en/about-us/life-at-pwc.html
The most connected firm through activity based working With connectivity being a key enabler of our strategy, our objective is to become the most connected firm - connected to our clients, our communities and to each other. PwC follows an Activity Based Work model, where our PwC professionals engage in a diverse range of meaningful activities from our offices, from client sites, or our homes.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.