About FRAS: Financial Reporting Advisory Services (‘FRAS’) team helps businesses with their financial reporting and accounting needs in all areas of the business lifecycle. The team works across a wide range of industries, to advise domestic as well as international clients on matters such as interpretation and implementation of accounting standards, preparation of standalone and consolidated financial statements, and accounting and implementation of complex business transactions such as business combination, financial instruments, expected credit loss (ECL) modelling, leases, hedge accounting etc. Working together towards this objective, the dynamic team has a collaborative culture with supportive leaders. The open and encouraging culture places great focus on the growth of its people.
Job Title: Consultants and Assistant Managers
Job Location: Mumbai
• Work closely with clients to understand their financial reporting goals and objectives.
• Coordinating with technical accounting teams of clients to understand their financial reporting issue(s) and provide assistance on an as-needed basis on U.S. GAAP, Ind AS and IFRS accounting pronouncements.
• Assistance to client in regulatory filings for IPO, spin-off, carve-out or SPAC transactions.
• Assist the domestic and international clients in conversion of financial statements from local GAAP to IFRS, Ind AS or US GAAP.
• Preparation of accounting memorandums/ whitepapers on complex accounting matters like financial instruments, hedge accounting, expected credit loss models, consolidation assessment, lease accounting.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and regulations, and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to financial reporting of capital market regulators, like Securities and Exchange Commission (U.S.) and Securities and Exchange Board of India.
• Assist in business development and client pitches.
• Advisory on implementation of tech enabled accounting solutions.
• Assistance in implementation of new accounting standards.
• Assistance in development of accounting policy manuals.
• Provide exceptional service to clients and maintain strong client relationships.
• Working as subject matter expert in delivering technical trainings.
Qualifications and experience:
• Qualification: A Chartered Accountant/ ACCA with a good academic record – (0-3 years experience)
• Prior experience in Financial reporting under Ind AS, IFRS or US GAAP
▪ Attestation of listed companies; or Attestation of companies reporting under Ind AS;
▪ Strong understanding of Ind AS, IFRS or Indian GAAP and ability to research technical topics efficiently and effectively.
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
▪ Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to deal with wide range of complex situations
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
▪ Knowledge of any data analytics and visualization tool will be an added advantage
▪ Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and regulations, and the ability to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
▪ Ability to develop solutions for the client with support from technical subject matter experts.
▪ Ability to work well independently and as part of a team. How you’ll grow:
As a FRAS professional, you will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge in the financial reporting domain. You will have access to ongoing education and training opportunities to keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and regulations. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients – both domestic and international, each with unique financial reporting goals and challenges, which will provide valuable experience. Additionally, you will work closely with other departments and professionals within the organization, which will provide opportunities to develop cross-functional collaboration and project management skills. Finally, with experience and success in this role, you may have opportunities for career advancement with in depth sector knowledge