ESG & Financial Reporting Communications Specialist
Please note that this role is being offered as a 24 month Fixed Term Contract
This role supports the development and drafting of global guidance and communications for sustainability reporting, financial reporting and corporate reporting more broadly as well as relevant audit and assurance considerations relating to forthcoming and existing IFRS Standards and ESRSs.
As part of this role, you will become the key ISG liaison within a internationally diverse team, and work with staff across Global Audit, Advisory and Tax, KPMGI, and KPMG Member Firms, to support the delivery of initiatives relating to this objective. You will work alongside senior representatives of working groups and topic teams, participating in technical reporting, accounting, auditing and assurance discussions to understand the key messaging (where necessary), and assist with planning, drafting and reviewing/editing materials.
- Plan, draft and review/edit materials relating to the interpretation and application of IFRS Standards, ESRSs and relevant audit and assurance considerations – for both written and audio visual formats
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with and mentor our subject matter experts to demystify technical content so that it is understandable to the audience – perform structural, readability and editorial reviews
- Capture, repurpose and share the insight and knowledge of our experts in various mediums, ranging from long-form and sector-specific publications to talkbooks, podcasts, blogs, web articles, talking-head videos, animations and social media
- Remain informed of reporting, accounting, auditing and assurance developments, including projects within the ISG and KPMGI
- Join the dots regarding emerging issues as part of our Ready for ESG Reporting campaign: working with subject matter experts to develop opinion pieces to shape the ESG reporting ecosystem as well as practical guidance delievered in the form of podcasts, videos and blogs
- Other ad-hoc work – e.g. assist with the development and review of training materials
- Act as key liaison between ISG, KPMGI and member firm leadership teams, coordinating their combined responses to issues at hand
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant professional qualification – ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Demonstrable technical competence – strong analytical and problem solving skills, and knowledge and experience of ESG reporting frameworks, IFRS Standards and relevant audit and assurance considerations
- Personal effectiveness – strong organisational skills, ability to manage projects, proficiency to work effectively within teams and independently, commitment to high performance and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills – ability to clarify complex ideas and explain them simply, convey key messages convincingly, create visual representations of concepts, and experience preparing internal and/or external communications
- A strategic mindset – one that can see the big picture whilst giving attention to detail, with ambition and enthusiasm
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Positive stakeholder management skills including building relationships internally, ability to influence and persuade, finding balanced solutions and resolving conflicting priorities.
Experience relevant to the role
- Experience in a technical role would be helpful – eg. DPP, accounting advisory, audit support – but is not a ‘must have’
- Proven experience handling a range of ESG reporting, technical accounting/auditing matters
- Working with and supporting leadership
- Experience preparing internal and/or external communications and materials
Professional Development Opportunities
- Being at the forefront of the development of guidance within the global network – building your knowledge of ISSB Standards and ESRSs as the ESG reporting landscape develops
- Learning from, and building relationships with, senior leadership around the world, including global leadership teams and senior member firm representatives.
- Enhancing depth and breadth of accounting/auditing technical knowledge.
- Improving project management, professional writing, strategic planning/thinking, considered messaging (including external messaging) and problem-solving skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.