Corporate Tax Senior Manager
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people: their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy, to our diversity and inclusion targets – we are making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
This exciting role is within our Corporate Tax Team based in the Leeds office, focussing on multinational businesses. You’ll join a high performing team advising some of the region’s largest and most complex organisations.
We are looking for a talented individual at Senior Manager level to support our continued rapid growth. The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic and challenging working environment, supported by a strong and ambitious leadership team.
You will work with a diverse portfolio of clients across UK listed, PE backed, inbound and family owned groups, and take on a variety of projects, including tax structuring, international expansion and operating model redesign.
The role will suit either a Senior Manager wanting to drive their tax career forward advising international businesses, or an ambitious Manager wanting to take the next step. Previous experience of working with multinationals is helpful, but strong technical skills, drive and curiosity are essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working as a key member of the team to provide International and Complex UK Tax Advisory services to support our clients in achieving their commercial objectives.
- Managing the successful delivery of technically excellent advice including: tax structuring, refinancing, legal structure optimisation, pre/post transaction reorganisations, tax authority enquiries and providing technical support to the wider corporate tax team
- Liaising with specialists in other departments and overseas offices to oversee their input into tax advisory projects
- Coaching and developing more junior members of the team
- Managing aspects of the team’s operations and performance, including resourcing
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding of their business in order to create opportunities to help with the provision of tax and other services
- Managing proposals for new work, including delivering tender documents, presenting at client pitches and identifying solutions for client issues
- Seeking out and pursuing opportunities with targets and actively participating with Directors and Partners in business development activities
- Being a role model for KPMG’s values
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge
- Ability to develop, coach and lead staff, as well as manage stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Pro-active in identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long-term benefit of both KPMG and the client
- Ability to multi-task – to manage a wide range of projects and relationships
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Dedication to continuously develop technical knowledge
- Inquisitive with attention to detail
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.