Manager Stress Testing and Reporting
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We are searching for a Head of Liquidity Stress Testing and Reporting.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
The Head of Liquidity Stress Testing and Reporting will report into the Global Head of Liquidity Planning and Analysis.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and lead the Liquidity Stress Testing team and the development and maintenance of the enterprise liquidity stress testing framework, cash flow forecasting, Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR)/Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR), FR 2052 A reporting, and liquidity components of the resolution planning process.
- Seasoned leader with balance sheet management experience primarily in the areas of Liquidity Risk Management.
- Strong working knowledge of on and off balance sheet products and strategies, intraday liquidity, financial market utilities (FMUs) and central security depositories (CSDs) operations, risk framework design, risk identification and risk measurement approaches which are necessary to support a sound liquidity risk stress testing and measurement process.
- Oversee the development of stress testing scenarios, frameworks, and methodologies that cover idiosyncratic, market, combined, and operational events.
- Partner with Balance Sheet Modelling team to ensure sound assumptions are developed that covers all products and external market considerations for business as usual to resolution.
- Work with global liquidity and resolution planning in the development of liquidity triggers that signal varying degrees of stress.
- Lead the execution and submission of the liquidity regulatory reporting, FR 2052 A, to federal regulatory agencies. Lead the quantification and forecasting of the firm’s LCR and NSFR regulatory ratios.
- Support the broader resolution planning effort by leading the build out of the liquidity components of the resolution plans. Provide in-depth knowledge and perspective on how key liquidity risk drivers would behave across the continuum, business as usual to resolution. Have working knowledge of critical operations, including FMU and CSD operations and potential liquidity impacts.
- Communicate financial issues in a clear and concise manner to senior management, internal oversight groups, and external regulators. Lead the development of robust documentation to support major assumptions, models used in liquidity risk measurement processes.
- Ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements and expectations that govern liquidity risk, resolution planning, stress testing, and modeling practices.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 5+ years of prior liquidity risk management experience working in a financial institution, regulator agency, consulting firm, or related field is preferred.
- A college or university degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Familiarity with Asset Liability Management, Liquidity Risk Management and Funds Transfer pricing is required.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.