Internal Audit- Manager
As an Internal audit and SOX Manager, the individual should be a qualified CA/CPA/ACCA with extensive experience in Internal audit and a firm grasp of the SOX audit processes and methodology. The individual gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the clients across Americas and India and enhance the knowledge and experience.
• Review and perform risk assessment procedures, including identification of significant accounts & classes of transactions and mapping of business processes.
• Review and prepare SOX documentation such as process flowcharts, process narratives and risk and controls matrix.
• Risk based audit and process reviews
• Business improvement, by assessing risks and controls related to business imperatives
• Optimization of processes to reduce inefficiencies and reduce cost • Integrate data analytics to provide increased efficiency, assurance and value
• Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance, (to include leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing and documenting testing, and reporting results to Management)
• Detailed review of team member's execution of SOX procedures and ensure testing results are appropriately documented.
• Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well documented process for communication and resolution with clients on SOX deficiencies observed.
• Regularly train the team members on the end-to-end SOX compliance process and procedures
• PMO responsibilities such as overseeing the resource requirements, updating status, engaging more team members on need basis etc.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• 5 to 8 years of post-qualification experience (CA/CPA/ACCA) with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm, focused on SOX review, internal audit.
• Good understanding of the concepts of internal controls and auditing standards (ex: COSO Framework, PCAOB Audit Standards & IIA Standards)
• Experience in conducting risk assessment procedures pertaining to financial reporting, process flow mapping, design and documentation of RACM, controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies and remediation plans
• Review of the sox documentation prepared by the team members
• Possess project management and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skill