Senior Consultant - Internal Audit
As an Internal audit and SOX Assistant Manager, the individual should be a qualified CA/CPA/ACCA/MBA with extensive experience in Internal audit, IFC and a firm grasp of the SOX audit processes and methodology. The individual gets an excellent opportunity to interact with senior management as well as the opportunity to enhance your skills in the areas of technical competency, business development, client service and people development. In this role, you will be responsible for team handling on large projects encompassing the entire gamut of SOX – from conceptualization to crafting to implementation of the entire SOX program including documentation and control testing, evaluating internal controls, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and regulations and effectiveness and efficiency of operations including cost management. This should be a SOX framework implementer role.
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Your responsibility for this role includes but are not limited to:
• Responsible for execution of internal audit assignments Audit, SOX, IFC Designing, walkthrough & Implementation, Business Process Review, Creation & mapping of Business Flow charts with RCM etc. (individually and as a team) o Perform risk assessment procedures, including identification of significant accounts & classes of transactions, mapping of business processes and provide comprehensive input to the development of a risk-based annual internal audit/SOX audit plan. o Prepare SOX documentation such as process flowcharts, process narratives and risk and controls matrix. o Design attributes, perform test of design and operating effectiveness of controls o Suggest improvements in the process by assessing risks and controls related to business imperatives, identify gaps, and assist in remediation. o Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance, (to include leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing, and documenting testing, and reporting results to Management) o Ensure clear, concise, actionable, and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and resolution with clients on SOX deficiencies observed.
• Understand client(s) requirements, respond promptly to client requests and enquiries, and consistently meet client needs
• Support Managers in the process of preparing audit plans, audit program, testing and reports
• Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems. Able to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality relationships.
• Responsible for quality and timeliness of deliverables, including conclusions on control effectiveness and impact of control deficiencies.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit/SOX/IFC – Designing & Implementation (preferably from the Internal Audit/Risk Advisory practice of a Big 4 or reputed Consulting firms, else exposure to Internal Audit/SOX in Industry will also do)
• Experience in conducting risk assessment procedures pertaining to financial reporting, process flow mapping, design, and documentation of RACM, controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies and remediation plans
• Should be able to understand complex business situations, risk, and controls in ERP environment, identify gaps and suggest leading practices along with solid understanding on PCAOB requirements and COSO framework
• Should be process oriented and have strong analytical skills
• Should understand financial statements under Indian/US GAAP
• Have knowledge and understanding of Internal Audit Framework
• Should possess excellent communication and report writing skills
• Capability of dealing with big clients
• Ability to handle pressure and manage complex situations
• Consistently demonstrate teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
• Strong working experience of Excel, Visio, Word and other MS Office applications. What We offer
• Professional working environment where you will be intellectually challenged and work on interesting engagements with peers with international experience
• Long term career progression and entrepreneurial platform to demonstrate your skills and talent.