Officer - Client Accounting (AFRS)
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate, and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.Job Description
Job Title: Officer
Department: Accounting and Financial Reporting Services (AFRS)
Reporting to: Senior Officer/Manager - Accounting and Financial Reporting Services
Purpose of the Job
To accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and provide guidance to the Junior accountants
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for simple and semi-complex clients
- Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations
- Provide accounting support to Client Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records of the simple and semi-complex client entities
- Ability to review simple client deliverables with the assistance of the Senior Accountant or the Assistant Manager/Manager
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
- Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager/Manager
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is kept to the required standards and/or agreed upon procedures
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
ACCA/ACA fully/partly qualified and/or having first degree in accounting field or qualified by virtue of relevant experience in Finance industry and/or Accounting/Auditing experience
Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Private Clients is desirable.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in preparing accounts, especially for companies holding a Global Business Licence.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong IT skills. (Knowledge of Advanced Excel will be an advantage)
- Willingness to learn and master NAV, Efront systems, and Value Financials software.
- Proven People Management/ Supervisory skills with a minimum of 2 years of experience at the Supervisory level.
- Strong technical skills in the relevant area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and any other stakeholders.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Ability to lead, motivate, listen, and coach staff under supervision.
- Flexibility, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Team spirit.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.