Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To accurately process accounting records and be trained to prepare simple financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts
- Prepare and post accounts payables and receivables, loans and bank transactions for the portfolio of clients assigned to the team
- Creation or amendments of any cards for suppliers or loans.
- Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations
- Provide additional bookkeeping and accounting support to Client Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time
- Prepare simple annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and management accounts from the accounting records of the client entities
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at Ocorian to ensure information security.
Completed ACCA Level 2 and/or having first degree in accounting field
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience
- Ability to learn NAV, Viewpoint and Value Financials software
- Ability to learn UK GAAP and IFRS as well as any other relevant accounting framework
- Excellent team player
- Strong communication skill
- Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged
- Detailed oriented
- Committed to quality and delivering on time
- Effective problem solver
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times