Senior Finance Analyst
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, and property.
See yourself in our team
The Global Financial Control Team protects the Group, and our Customers through automated reconciliations, financial accounting and analytical reporting. We add value to our internal Finance customers through robust and scalable accounting practices, driving efficiency through technology led Innovation.
The purpose of this role is to perform BAU activities within the Financial Control – Staff Expense Team to ensure that all payroll accounting, operational and regulatory deliverables are met.
Do work that matters
Some of the key areas you will be providing support and leadership across include:
- Be accountable for various duties of Financial Control including reconciliations, analytical support and compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Support testing and implementation of staff expense system processes which impact finance processes
- Drive accountability across different teams, divisions and business units
- Build and maintain a relationship with various stakeholders
- Assist the Manager with system automation and process enhancements
- Financial control of Balance Sheet accounts with fortnightly/monthly processes such as the preparation of manual journals, and overseeing the hygiene of data between Source Systems and PeopleSoft Financials
- Provide analytical support to other Financial Services teams in relation to Staff Expenses which includes, but not be limited to, Super, Long Service Leave, Annual Leave and Payroll Tax
- Perform reconciliations in line with Group Reconciliation Policy including effective liaison with Business Unit/Financial Controllers for clearance of discrepancies in a timely manner
- Utilise system process knowledge to influence decision making and suggest ways to address issues in the context of continual process improvement / process improvement/automation of processes to streamline work
- Identify data/process issues and work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement solutions
- Ensure all stakeholders (internal suppliers and customers) are delivering to the expectations set by Global Financial Control
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills with skill in Power Query
- Strong financial control including reconciliation, analysis, investigations, and reporting
- Strong problem solving, influencing with proven ability to lead process improvements
- Diligent and attentional to details
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Experience in PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion Essbase, and Alteryx preferable but not essential
Is this your next challenge, apply Now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 11/10/2023 For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.