Business / Operational Audit, AVP
- 米系の銀行ですが、日本語でインタビューを行い法令を読むことも多いため、ネイティブ・レベルで日本語を使える方のみご応募ください。一方で監査調書はすべて英語で書き、グローバルチームの監査プロジェクトに参加することもあります。TOEIC 900点以上の英語力が目安となります。
- Big 4、もしくは他の金融機関での監査経験が望ましいです。ただし語学要件を満たせる方でかつチームを率いた経験のある方であれば、金融機関におけるコンプライアンスまたはリスク管理の経験も考慮します。
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an individual to help execute the audit plan and oversee audit staff during audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management’s business processes, business controls risk assessments, and operating practices. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. Our team of approximately 300 audit professionals worldwide is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk, and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. You will be located in Tokyo and cover three local entities.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. In your role, you will be a trusted partner with the business to help it mitigate key risks and provide solutions to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of its internal controls. You will provide the business insight on the potential financial, reputational, and regulatory risks that it may encounter in its day-to-day business.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- The audit manager is responsible for successfully planning, executing and completing audits according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and preparing audit reports.
- The audit manager must demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit processes, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
- The audit manager must display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills. The audit manager must be able to manage complexity, multi-task, and work independently in non-routine situations.
- The audit manager will facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels and must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The audit manager will develop a thorough understanding of the company’s operations, establish effective business relationships within the company, and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- The audit manager will have strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members, and coaching and developing staff through timely, meaningful feedback.
- The audit manager will maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and to oversee multiple audit projects (in various stages) at once
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and research issues with minimal oversight
- Clearly and succinctly communicate audit observations/findings in written and oral form
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Candidates should have Financial Services audit experience in either Big 4 Public Accounting or Corporate Internal Audit.
- Professional audit certifications preferred; a CPA, CA, CIA or CISA is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be able to communicate in Japanese and English orally and in written language. A high proficiency in Japanese and English writing skills is required.
- Audit experience in the Financial Services industry in any of the following areas is preferred: asset management, mutual funds, institutional investment, private wealth management, custody, treasury, global securities services, foreign exchange, securities lending, investment manager solutions, capital markets, corporate finance, trading, derivatives and/or compliance.
Depending on COVID19 travel restrictions, this role may require international travel up to 20% of your time to places such as China, India, Australia, Singapore, and the United States. The majority of audits will be performed remotely using Webex, Microsoft Teams, e-mail, and other connectivity tools.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.